It is interesting to see that today most clients are primarily interested in having all their images supplied on DVD or memory stick. I completely understand this, we are a more transient population than ever before and friends and family are spread far and wide. It is so much easier to e-mail an image than to print and post it which is why I offer both printed material and disks. But. Please don’t underestimate the value of a beautifully designed professional quality wedding album. Here are ten reasons why you should consider making that extra investment:
1. You can hold, touch and feel your wedding album. Carry it over to your grandparents house. You can sit with your children in years to come and show them your wedding day story. If there are sticky fingers, don’t worry, you can wipe these albums clean.
2. Whilst I remain firmly passionate about photographing your wedding day, after several years of photographing weddings I have discovered that the part I love the most is telling your story creatively. Even if clients haven’t ordered an album I often design one because only then will I feel that my job is done. Your story is told in a book, just as it should be.
3. Disks and memory sticks are easily lost. Hard drives crash. Wedding albums survive.
4. Wedding albums are stunning and they are worth the extra investment. I have a client whose husband plays rugby every Tuesday. When he goes out she pours a glass of wine and leafs through her wedding album. Her wedding was three years ago.
5. Wedding albums are personally designed by me. I will be with you from the moment you start getting ready right up to your first dance. I will completely understand your wedding day story. It will be reflected in your album.
6. My wedding albums measure 12″ x 12″. Imagine a double page spread, that’s two whole feet of images. What’s more you can order them in different sizes, identical smaller copies for your family and friends. There is no better way to say thank you.
7. All the images printed in the album are processed exactly in accordance with the album suppliers colour specification. What you see on my screen is exactly what you will see in your album. A guaranteed lifetime of colour. It’s not hit and miss.
8. The albums open flat with full double sided edge to edge panoramic printing on archival quality heavyweight lustre Fuji photographic paper. They will stand the test of time. No flimsy digital paper printing here.
9. I use a professional wedding album supplier accessible only by professional photographers with whom I have an established relationship.
10. The albums are assembled by a skilled team of master bookbinders.
If this isn’t enough to convince you please enjoy the featured album spreads I created for other wedding clients, or give me a call and I will show you samples of my albums, I am so addicted to them I often print them just for me!